Sale of The Jelly Bean Factory to Cloetta AB
The Jelly Bean Factory is one of Ireland's leading confectionery businesses. The Jelly Bean Factory was established in 1998 by father and son team, Peter and Richard Cullen, and it produces in excess of 12 million gourmet jelly beans in 36 different flavours each day from its production facility in Dublin.
The company's gourmet jelly beans are produced using only natural ingredients and it exports to over 40 countries worldwide. Pegasus Capital advised on the sale of an initial 75% of The Jelly Bean Factory to Swedish-based Cloetta AB in 2014 and the remaining 25% of the business in 2016. Under the new ownership of Cloetta AB, one of Europe's leading sugar confectionery group's, The Jelly Bean Factory will benefit from a roll-out of its gourmet jelly beans to a wider network of global retailers.
SECTOR: Food & drink
TERMS: EUR 28,800,000